Responsible for the content of the page is KptnCook GmbH:
Görlitzer Str. 42,
Phone: 0176 /45 69 97 00
Eva Hoefer, Alexander Reeg
(Anschrift wie oben)
Headquarter of the Company is Berlin
Handelregister Berlin, HRB 155002B
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg
Verantwortlich gemäß § 55 RStV:
Eva Hoefer, Alexander Reeg
Plattform der EU-Kommission zur Online-Streitbeilegung: www.ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
(1) KptnCook Service Overview. The Service provides recipes every day that you may choose to make. The Service accesses supermarket location and pricing data at its disposal to compare the prices of ingredients for recipes at local supermarkets. The Service operates on the data in KptnCook’s possession to provide you with more information in making your food shopping choices, but price, nutritional value, product packaging size and other information available on or through the Service may no longer be current and may vary by location, and you should always check the prices, nutritional value, product packaging size, and other characteristics of ingredients at the store(s) where you shop. The Service may also allow you to save favorite recipes in your favorites list, for an additional fee (see below).
(2) Eligibility. You must be at least thirteen (13) years of age to use the Service. By agreeing to these Terms, you represent and warrant to us: (i) that you are at least thirteen (13) years of age; (ii) that you have not previously been suspended or removed from the Service; and (iii) that your registration and your use of the Service is in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations. If you are using the Service on behalf of an entity, organization, or company, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind such organization to these Terms and you agree to be bound by these Terms on behalf of such organization.
(3) Accounts and Registration. To access most features of the Service, you must register for an account. When you register for an account, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself (such as your e-mail address or other contact information). You agree that the information you provide to us is accurate and that you will keep it accurate and up-to-date at all times. When you register, you will be asked to provide a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, then you must immediately notify us at email@example.com.
(4) Payment. Access to the Service, or to certain features of the Service, may require you to pay fees. You will have 25 recipe save slots on your favorites list to which you may save recipes on the Service (“Save Slots”) and you do not have to pay fees for these first 25 Save Slots. You may not save more recipes than the number of Save Slots associated with your account and you may purchase additional Save Slots. Save Slots are available in increments of 25 ($1.99) or 100 ($5.99). If you purchase Save Slots, you may use the Save Slots for any recipes you find on the Service, and you may remove saved recipes from your Save Slots, although you will no longer have access to recipes you remove from your Save Slots. Before you are required to pay any fees, you will have an opportunity to review and accept the applicable fees that you will be charged. Fees are in U.S. Dollars. Once purchased Save Slots are not refundable. In case there are problems and our servers are temporary not accessible and the in-app purchase could not be fully processed: while the payment was executed but the Save Slots were not booked to the account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. KptnCook may change the fees for the Service or any feature of the Service, including by adding additional fees or charges, on a going-forward basis at any time. KptnCook or parties contracted with KptnCook to process payments for KptnCook (e.g., Apple with respect to in-app purchases of Save Slots) will charge the payment method you specify at the time of purchase. You authorize KptnCook and parties contracted with KptnCook to process payments for KptnCook to charge all sums described herein to such payment method. If you pay any applicable fees with a credit card, KptnCook or parties contracted with KptnCook to process payments for KptnCook may seek pre-authorization of your credit card account prior to your purchase to verify that the credit card is valid and has the necessary funds or credit available to cover your purchase.
(5)Prohibited Conduct. BY USING THE SERVICE YOU AGREE NOT TO:
(6) Third-Party Services and Linked Websites. KptnCook may provide tools through the Service that enable you to export information, including User Content, to third party services, including through features that allow you to link your account on KptnCook with an account on the third party service, such as Twitter or Facebook, or through our implementation of third party buttons (such as “like” or “share” buttons). By using these tools, you agree that we may transfer such information to the applicable third-party service. Such third party services are not under our control, and we are not responsible for their use of your exported information. The Service may also contain links to third-party websites. Such linked websites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for their content.
(7) Termination of Use; Discontinuation and Modification of the Service. If you violate any provision of these Terms, your permission to use the Service will terminate automatically. Additionally, KptnCook, in its sole discretion may terminate your user account on the Service or suspend or terminate your access to the Service at any time, with or without notice. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Service at any time (including, without limitation, by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Service) without notice to you. We will have no liability whatsoever on account of any change to the Service or any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Service. You may terminate your account at any time by contacting customer service at email@example.com. If you terminate your account, you will remain obligated to pay all outstanding fees, if any, relating to your use of the Service incurred prior to termination.
(9) Modification of these Terms. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change these Terms on a going-forward basis at any time. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. In the event that a change to these Terms materially modifies your rights or obligations, you will be required to accept such modified terms in order to continue to use the Service. Material modifications are effective upon your acceptance of such the modified Terms. Immaterial modifications are effective upon publication. For the avoidance of doubt, disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved in accordance with these Terms in effect that the time the dispute arose.
(10) Ownership; Proprietary Rights. The Service is owned and operated by KptnCook. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, data, computer code (including source code or object code), products, software, services, and all other elements of the Service (the “Materials”) provided by KptnCook are protected by all relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights and applicable laws. All Materials contained in the Service are the property of KptnCook or our third-party licensors. Except as expressly authorized by KptnCook, you may not make use of the Materials. KptnCook reserves all rights to the Materials not granted expressly in these Terms.
(11) Indemnity. You agree that you will be responsible for your use of the Service, and you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless KptnCook and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents (collectively, the "KptnCook Entities") from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to, use of, or alleged use of the Service; (ii) your violation of these Terms or any representation, warranty, or agreements referenced herein, or any applicable law or regulation; (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right; or (iv) any disputes or issues between you and any third party. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (and without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to such matter), and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.
(12) Disclaimers; No Warranties
THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE KPTNCOOK ENTITIES SPECIFICALLY (BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO (i) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (ii) ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. THE KPTNCOOK ENTITIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE OR ANY PART THEREOF, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICE, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, CORRECT, UP-TO-DATE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THE FOREGOING WILL BE CORRECTED.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING ANY OF THE KPTNCOOK ENTITIES OR THE SERVICE THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR ALL DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE, YOUR DEALINGS WITH OTHER SERVICE USERS, AND ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE THE SERVICE AND USE, ACCESS, DOWNLOAD, OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIALS OR CONTENT THROUGH THE SERVICE AND ANY ASSOCIATED SITES OR SERVICES AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE) OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF SUCH MATERIALS OR CONTENT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY PROHIBIT A DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
(13) Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE KPTNCOOK ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT THE KPTNCOOK ENTITIES HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
YOU AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE KPTNCOOK ENTITIES TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF RELATING TO THE USE OF OR ANY INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE) OR OTHERWISE UNDER THESE TERMS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (i) THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID TO KPTNCOOK FOR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE CLAIM OR (ii) $100.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
EACH PROVISION OF THESE TERMS THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS TO ALLOCATE THE RISKS UNDER THESE TERMS BETWEEN THE PARTIES. THIS ALLOCATION IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. EACH OF THESE PROVISIONS IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 13 WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
(14) Governing Law. These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to conflict of law principles. To the extent that any lawsuit or court proceeding is permitted hereunder, you and KptnCook agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts and federal courts located within Santa Clara County, California for the purpose of litigating all such disputes. We operate the Service from our offices in California, and we make no representation that Materials included in the Service are appropriate or available for use in other locations.
(16) Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
(18) Contact Information. The services hereunder are offered by KptnCook Corp., located at 440 N Wolfe Road, Sunnyvale, California 94085. You may contact us by sending correspondence to the foregoing address or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a California resident, you may have these Terms mailed to you electronically by sending a letter to the foregoing address with your electronic mail address and a request for these Terms.
“Personal Information” as used in this Policy, is information that specifically identifies an individual, such as an individual's name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. Personal Information also includes information about an individual’s activities, such as information about his or her activity on our Services, and demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, and preferences, when any of this information is linked to Personal Information that identifies that individual.
Personal Information does not include “aggregate” or other non-personally identifiable information. Aggregate information is information that we collect about a group or category of products, services, or users that is not personally identifiable or from which individual identities are removed. We may use and disclose aggregate information, and other non-personally identifiable information, for various purposes.
Collection of Information
Collection of Voluntarily-Provided Information
We collect Personal Information that our users provide to us in a variety of ways on our Services. These include the following:
Passive Information Collection
When you visit our Services, some information is collected automatically. For example, when you access our Services, we and our service providers may automatically collect your browser’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type, the nature of the device from which you are visiting the Services (e.g., a personal computer or a mobile device), the identifier for any handheld or mobile device that you may be using, the Web site that you visited immediately prior to accessing any Web-based Services, the actions you take on our Services, and the content, features, and activities that you access and participate in on our Services. We also may collect information regarding your interaction with e-mail messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
We and our service providers may collect this information passively using technologies such as standard server logs, cookies, and clear GIFs (also known as “Web beacons”). We use passively-collected information to administer, operate, and improve the Website and our other services and systems. If we link or associate any information gathered through passive means with Personal Information, or if applicable laws require us to treat any information gathered through passive means as Personal Information, we treat the combined information as Personal Information under this Policy. Otherwise, we use and disclose information collected by passive means in aggregate form or otherwise in a non-personally identifiable form.
Also, please be aware that third parties, such as companies providing services to us (“Third-Party Sites”) that may be linked to from the Services, may set cookies on your hard drive or use other means of passively collecting information about your use of their services, Third-Party Sites or content. We may not have access to, or control over, these third-party means of passive data collection.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you, including Personal Information, from third parties, and may combine this information with other Personal Information we maintain about you. If we do so, this Policy governs any combined information that we maintain in personally identifiable format.
Use of Personal Information
We may also use Personal Information you provide to contact you regarding products, services, and offers, both from ourselves and from third parties, that we believe you may find of interest. We allow you to opt-out from receiving marketing communications from us as described in the “Choice” section below.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your Personal Information that we collect on the Services to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
We may disclose Personal Information to third-party service providers (e.g., payment processing and data storage and processing facilities) that assist us in our work, such as Papertrail (logging), Mixpanel, Google Analytics, NewRelic (monitoring and analytics), Heroku (hosting), MongoDB (backup) and Apple (payment processing). We limit the Personal Information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such Personal Information. For more information on how Google uses your data, click here.
Please be aware that any Personal Information that you include within any User Materials may be made available to other users of the Services who view it. You include Personal Information in User Materials at your sole risk. Additionally, even after information posted on the Services is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Services. We cannot warrant or guarantee that any Personal Information that you provide on and in connection with the Services will not be accessed, viewed, or used by unauthorized persons.
Information about our users, including Personal Information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
To Protect our Interests
We also disclose Personal Information if we believe that doing so is legally required, or is in our interest to protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights or property of others, or otherwise to help protect the safety or security of our Services and other users of the Services.
If you receive commercial e-mail from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the e-mail. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial e-mail from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time (e.g., by postal mail) by sending your request to us by e-mail at email@example.com or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy. Additionally, if we offer user account functionality on the Services, we may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial e-mail from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your opt-out request, and you may receive commercial e-mail from us during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding our Services.
You may opt out of monitoring of you by our service provider Mixpanel by clicking here.
If we offer the ability to create user accounts or profiles on our Services, you may have the ability to access and update many categories of personal information that you provide to us by logging in to your account and accessing your account settings. If you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you request that we delete your account on any of our Services (via a user settings page, by e-mail, or otherwise), we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your Personal Information in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
The Services may contain links to other Web sites, products, or services that we do not own or operate. The Services also may contain links to Third-Party Sites such as social networking services. If you choose to visit or use any Third-Party Sites or products or services available on or through such Third-Party Sites, please be aware that this Policy will not apply to your activities or any information you disclose while using those Third-Party Sites or any products or services available on or through such Third-Party Sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these Third-Party Sites or any products or services on or through them. Additionally, please be aware that the Services may contain links to Web sites and services that we operate but that are governed by different privacy policies. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies applicable to any Web site or service you visit other than the Services before providing any Personal Information on them.
Children’s safety is important to us, and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active interest in the online activities of their children. Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 on our Services, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have collected any such personal information on our Services, please notify us at email@example.com.
Our servers and data centers for the Services are located in the United States. If you choose to use the Services from outside the U.S., then you should know that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of your region and into the U.S. for storage and processing. By providing your Personal Information to us through your use of the Service, you agree to that transfer, storage, and processing in the U.S. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. You should know that each region can have its own privacy and data security laws, some of which may be less stringent as compared to those of your own region.
We use reasonable security measures that are designed to protect personal information from accidental loss, disclosure, misuse, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that no data security measures can be guaranteed to be completely effective. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you provide to us. You transmit information to us at your own risk.
Notice to California Residents
We do not respond to “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms. We will not share your information with any third party for that third party’s marketing purposes without your prior consent.
Updates to this Policy
We may occasionally update this Policy. When we do, we will also revise the “last updated” date at the beginning of the Policy. Your continued use of our Services after such changes will be subject to the then-current policy. If we change this Policy in a manner that is materially less restrictive of our use or disclosure of your Personal Information, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you of the change and to obtain your consent prior to applying the change to any Personal Information that we collected from you prior to the date the change becomes effective. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, please contact us using the following contact information:
440 North Wolfe Road Sunnydale CA 94085